We're adding new areas all the time. Watch our What's New? page for announcements.
- Class Actions - Remember Canada's "Tainted Blood
Scandal" resulting in the largest class action of its time?
Find out about Class Actions in B.C..
- Buying or selling a business - What to investigate. Whether to buy assets or shares. The steps in buying or selling a business.
- Buying or Selling a Condominium - What to look for in buying a condominium or townhouse, and what to have your lawyer review.
- Buying a franchise - Buying the right to use a company's business systems and brand name.
- Buying or selling a home - What to watch for and what all that fine print means when you're buying your dream home.
- Civil Litigation - "See you in court!" Find out what this really means.
- Commercial Leases - When you start a business, you will usually need to lease office, industrial, or retail space. Learn about what to expect and how to negotiate.
- Criminal Law - "You're under arrest!" Learn your rights at our criminal law section.
- Employment Standards - The Employment Standards Act governs employee rights and employer obligations in B.C..
- Family Law - Divorce, custody, dividing property, maintenance. What to expect from the courts.
- Human Rights in the Workplace - How the B.C. Human Rights Code protects employees against discrimination in the workplace.
- Immigration - Business and family immigration, student and work authorizations, and more.
- Incorporations - The steps to forming your own company in B.C.
- Medical Malpractice - Any doctor, nurse or hospital that has charge of a patient has a duty to provide proper care to the patient. Find out what happens if they don't.
- Partnership and shareholders' agreements - Issues to consider when going into business with others, and putting your promises in print.
- Personal injury-ICBC - How to negotiate with ICBC if you're involved in a motor vehicle accident.
- Probate and estates - Managing and distributing an estate after someone passes away.
- Refugee Law - Boat people, Kosovars, and Athletes; who qualifies as refugees?
- Trademarks - While it's said that "A good name is better than great riches", a good trademark can give you both. Before you spend time and monies to build up your brand name, find out how you can protect your rights.
- Wills - Writing a will that says what you want it to.
- Wrongful dismissal - When an employee has been fired or demoted without reasonable notice or adequate severance pay.